M a X e D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky

3 posters

Go down

How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky Empty How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky

Post  Markus Wed 10 May - 2:41

I just wanna share a nice software to check if your connection is good.
You can also use this if you are experiencing lag or DCs, to pinpoint where the real problem is.

Search at google and download winmtr for windows.

Current sample is going to Tantra's Network.

Just type in www.tantra.ph at the Host input box. Then wait for around a minute.

On the 3rd column (Loss%), you will see the packet loss per hop. Higher packet losses will result to LAG and DISCONNECTIONS. Now, this will also help isolate the problem. If the packet losses are only present from the 1st few hops, it means the problem lies within your connection (PLDT dsl, zpdee, dial -up or whatever internet provider you have). Now if the packet losses are present on the last few hops then its tantra's network (based on the sample above) that are having problems. The last 2 IP Addresses are on tantra's network.

How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky Sample

Now based on the pic above you can see 0 packet losses from my network (office) going to tantra's network. Very Happy

Last 2 days I applied for Zpdee internet, as advertised on the Tantra website. Better gaming experience, as they say. Surprised . Today I told them to terminate my subscription and showed them the result of wintmtr using Zpdee connection. 25-30% packet loss on the 2nd hop. Too bad Wink

It may be routing issues or whatever. Currently, I'm not getting any packet losses on my pldt dsl but I had some very high packet losses when they're having technical difficulties. Hopefully, this could help. B)
Markus
Markus
Level 15
Level 15

Number of posts : 47
Local : Quezon City, Philippines
Registration date : 2006-05-09

Back to top Go down

How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky Empty Re: How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky

Post  em Wed 10 May - 3:41

and where is the download link Razz
em
em
Maharaja of MaXeD
Maharaja of MaXeD

Number of posts : 135
Local : Gera (Germany)
Registration date : 2006-05-05

http://www.naboki-cs.com

Back to top Go down

How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky Empty Re: How to check your connection for packet losses by slicky

Post  Copain Wed 10 May - 4:16

waaaaa nice software ! Thanx for information Markus!!

@Bubu just type the name of the programm in google Wink ! Its free downloading i think !

thanx again Markus!
Copain
Copain
Maharaja of nX-MaXeD
Maharaja of nX-MaXeD

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-05-04

https://maxed.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Copain Wed 10 May - 4:26

hummmmmm i wrote www.tantra.ph in da box but for me i have 2 lines after!
1.My connection
2.No reponse from host >_<
they dont wanna tell me that 99% packets lost? ^^^^

thanx if u can help me Markus!
Copain
Copain
Maharaja of nX-MaXeD
Maharaja of nX-MaXeD

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-05-04

https://maxed.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down